Instruments Amazighes

idir

I have heard of the usage for the word AZAWAN for music, before I thought it was merely a Tamashek word but its used also in Mauritania and Morocco. There is a annual festival called AZAWAN in the southern province of Morocco. Purpose of this topic is to track other instruments and music related words.

adinan: guitare [usage, que je sais: Souss, Atlas et Mauritania]

Does anyone know a possible related word of the word iggiw, in the northern-moroccan amazigh vocabulary?

Some words in Mauritania
http://mcm.bois.free.fr/booklet260078.pdf

Re : Instruments Amazighes

I have heard of the usage for the word AZAWAN for music, before I thought it was merely a Tamashek word but its used also in Mauritania and Morocco. There is a annual festival called AZAWAN in the southern province of Morocco. Purpose of this topic is to track other instruments and music related words.

adinan: guitare [usage, que je sais: Souss, Atlas et Mauritania]

Does anyone know a possible related word of the word iggiw, in the northern-moroccan amazigh vocabulary?

Some words in Mauritania
http://mcm.bois.free.fr/booklet260078.pdf

Et Lutâr c'est amazigh comme mot?
y'a t-il un rapport avec guitare (g->y....guitare->yutar)?

c'est possible, Je trouve dans wiki: Guitare - Wikipédia

According Tayri a music group in the netherlands which play amazigh music in tradition of Hammu Al-yazid and Muhammad Rwica: you can find information/displayd that the Lutar was even used to play music by the Ancient Pharaos in Egypt. And that it is the same instrument used by imazighen today.

180px-Elam-tar.jpg

Figurines playing tanburs. Excavated in Susa, Elam, now Iran. Dated 2000-1500 B.C. kept at the National Museum of Iran.
Guitare - Wikipédia

j'ai trouvé un mot en tachelhit :

ggwi : pincer, toucher

peut-être que iggiw est celui qui pince les cordes ? :)

ggwi ce n'est pas "pincer" ça designe l'action qui consiste avec la main ou un instrument à exercer une pression sur un etre vivant pour provoquer une reaction de ça part....

Azul fellawen,

pour ce qui est des instruments de musique amazi&s, voici ce que je connais :

ajewwaq (probablement de l'arabe : al jawq)
amendayer, avendayer
derbuka
l&id'a n tiylewt (corne muse)

ces mots lots sont attestés en amazi& de kabylie (region igawawen = ath irathen)

il y a aussi chez nos freres du sud Imuca&:

Tindi (sorte de tambourine)
inz'ad (instrument à corde (une corde) vient de anz'ad' (meche, cheveu ...)

pour l'instrument menstioné : lewtar

je crois qui pourait etre d'origine arabe, al watre = corde, arc .. en arabe, et en plus ca correspond ay faite qu'il est un instrument à corde.

tudert i tmazi&t

I encountered an other word (Ayt 'Ayach) which I never heard of before in the context of music ;-)
Any related words in other regions also outside Morocco?

tlawt: song

is iga ca n tlawt tujdit mad uhu? Did he compose a new song or not?

Q:: is tsnm i tlawt n "ku yun da tnyala" ?
R:: yih, tlawt iz'il' aya!

SOURCE|
A Course in Spoken Tamazight (Middle-Atlas-Berber (Ayt 'Ayach and Ayt Seghrouchen) )
by Ernest T. Abdel-Massih. 1970. 456 pages.

Place names in South-Morocco:
Tizi n Talawt
Talawt n Ibilan

Back